Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday Feature: PreciousTrends4U

 This week's Friday Feature is Mandi of PreciousTrends4U. Enjoy!

Tell us about yourself.
Good Morning! I am 28 year old mother of two little girls that are 3 and 4 years old. I am fortunate enough to be able to stay at home with them . I help out a few friends and family with some childcare needs which helps pay the bills.

I recently found Etsy on Pinterest and began to see that there is a demand for some of the things I do all the time. We are a very crafty family and will go the extra mile to make or create something that we find that we like. Partially because prices are outrageous for nice things. So this is when I began to see that they are many different options for birthdays and other events. And since birthday's are a very big deal at our house (and when I say big deal we celebrate with a birthday week) I have become very good with Photoshop and personalizing cakes, decorations and invitations.

Tell us about your shop. What do you sell?
Currently I am only selling kids invitations for birthday parties. Mostly high demand characters like Doc Mcstuffins, Hello Kitty, Monster High, Avengers etc. Many of these characters are so new that its hard to find anything for a party which is where I began to see the opportunity. I make all invitations custom and most have the option of adding a picture of the birthday girl or boy.

These are typically sold as a jpeg file to be printed by the buyer. I am also willing to print and ship upon request. I look forward to expanding the characters available as well as decorations and thank you cards.


What goals do you have for your shop? Is is a hobby, major source of income, or somewhere in between?
I would love for this business to become more known and become more of a source of income so that I can spend more of my time creating new things for my shop.

How do you balance your business with your family?
I think the correct balance is very important as my family is the reason for the shop and my biggest priority. I do most of my work in the morning before they rise, nap times or in the evening after my children have went to bed.

How do you keep everything organized? Do you have a workspace?

We do have an office in our home which currently is a multi task room for many crafts and other business we own. The nice thing about this shop is most of it is digital so the files and folders on my laptop are fairly efficient.

What has been the most difficult aspect of being a Mommy with a Small Business?
Honestly, I cant pin point one difficult aspect. I think that being a mom requires you to be flexible and each day poses new challenges.


What has been the most rewarding?
As I have said my shop has only been open for a short time but it is very rewarding to be able to help out people with their birthday or event needs for a low cost.

Do you have any tips for other moms with a small/home business?
Always remember why you are doing it and don't let the business consume you. It will only remain "fun" as long as you keep your priorities straight. Which can be a challenge when you find something you love it can consume you.


 Thanks, Mandi! 
You can find more "precious trends" at her Etsy shop:

www.etsy.com/shop/PreciousTrends4U

No comments:

Post a Comment