Monday, January 21, 2013

Homemade Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in a Muffin Pan!



While Little Dude was recovering from Croup and cutting his first three teeth I had a lot of time repinning items on Pinterest, as he would only sleep on Mommy.  My first Pinspiration comes from fifteen spatulas' Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

I think the whole original idea of this recipe is to make them healthier than regular peanut butter cups, but of course, I had to try it with my favorite Reese's creamy peanut butter! I also used my dairy, soy, gluten, nut free semi-sweet chocolate chips.  I know they sound horrible, but they are amazing!  I let my husband (who's not gluten free) taste them once.  Big Mistake! We can't keep them in the house, we eat them by the hands full.

I am not great at measuring out things or following recipes to a T.  Call me a rebel.  I took a bag and half of the chocolate chips and melted them in my handy dandy chocolate melter.  Forget the double boiler or the microwave, get a chocolate melter, you will never go back.  (It also comes in handy for fondues).

I placed the cupcake wrappers in my muffin pan and poured in enough chocolate to cover the bottom the wrapper.  I shook the pan around a little to flatten out the chocolate.  Then placed the muffin pan in the freezer for 15 mins.

While my chocolate was originally melting by itself in my chocolate melter, I blended a 1/2 cup of Reese's Peanut Butter, two tablespoons of butter (I'm dairy free, except butter), and sminch of powdered sugar in my hand blender until it was really creamy.

Next, I took out the muffin pan out of the fridge and added the peanut butter to the top of each one.  The original recipe says to "drop the pan on the counter" a few times to get the peanut butter to flatten, but baby was sleeping, so I shook the pan.  Then placed the muffin pan back in the freezer for what was supposed to be 15 mins, but about 5 mins in, baby woke up and had to nurse him.

So after about 35 minutes, I pulled the muffin pan back out and added the top layer of chocolate and stuck it back in the freezer.  15 minutes I pulled the peanut butter cups out of the freezer and they were devoured by my husband and his brother, who had been drooling over them during the whole process.  They were amazing!!  I definitely will make these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment