Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Toddler Quiet Book


I've seen several Quiet Book or Busy Book ideas on Pinterest lately, so I decided I would make one for my little Gooba.  I borrowed many of these ideas from other sites and combined some ideas from different websites together to come up with something new.  Here is the link to my Pinterest page, which includes a link to all of the sites I borrowed from.

Below is what I came up with for Gooba's book.  I apologize for the sloppiness of some of the pages, I was rushing to get it done before we went on a trip.  Sloppy or not my little Gooba just loves her book and plays with it every day!  I hope you enjoy it as much as she does!


Above is the first page, the artist palate.  The paint is velcro and she can move them all around the palate.  There also is a paintbrush on the bottom where she can pretend to paint other pages of the book or other things around the house.



Page 2 and 3 are our Katie doll dress up.  The first page is a plastic zipper bag where she can keep the clothes and the second page is the doll that she can just stick the clothes the on.  I just freehanded the clothes, doll, and letters.  The dolls arms came a little funny, but I wasn't willing to pay the extra money for a new Cricut cartridge.







The next two pages are some of her favorites.  I made a barn with doors that open and a little straw pocket inside the doors.  Then I made four finger puppets, a chicken, a pig, a horse, and a cow.  The second page is just a hillside for her to have as a background for her finger puppets.

The next page is a ballerina slipper.  When she gets a little better at tying Gooba will be able to tie the slipper at the top.  Right now tying is still Mommy's job.




















The next page is the mailbox page.  I took a photo of it with the letters out of the mailbox and then one with the letters in the mailbox.  Gooba has an intense fascination with the mail, so she enjoys handing out the letters to everyone and then collecting them to put them back in the mailbox.  I just sewed a button on to attach the flag, but later I thought it would be cool to have put a brad there instead so it could move.  Maybe next time.



















The next two pages are also a pretty big hit with Gooba as well.  The page on the left includes weaving the pie, a fork and spoon to pretend to eat the pie, and velcro salt and pepper shakers.  She loves the salt and pepper shakers.  Underneath the weaving on the pie I put a bunch of strawberry stickers.  I need to glue them down, because Gooba likes to peel them off.

The page on the right are her button flowers.  Both sets of petals on each flower can be removed from each button and interchanged whichever way she wants.


















The next two pages are probably her favorite.  Sadly, these were probably my two most rushed pages.  I wish I would have spent a little more time making them nicer for her, but regardless she loves them anyways.  The page on the left is the oven which closes with purse snaps and has a tray with three pockets to hold the center of the  cupcakes.  The oven door is a piece of laminating plastic I had left over.  The page on the right is the bowl which is a big pocket that can store everything, and contains two eggs, butter, sugar, and flour. I also made cupcake wrappers and icing tops.  All of them are pockets so the cupcake center (inside the oven in the picture) can be tucked into each piece.




The next two pages are her bead counters.  Pretty self explanatory I think.








Finally the last page is a shape matching page. Underneath each colored shape is a white version.  They hook together with velcro.  She is also a big fan of this page!



Well there it is!  I hope you enjoyed Gooba's Quiet Book!  Again, I graciously borrowed some of these ideas from various places around the internet.  Please visit my Pinterest Quiet Book page to find the links to the different sites I used.


This post is brought to you by Gooba Gear and The Gooba Diaries

6 comments:

  1. I think "the quiet book" will be on the NYTimes bestseller list soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE! I definitely want to try and make one for my granddaughter! I will be pinning this to My Favorite Blog Posts board on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great to me! I NEED to make one of these for my little guy, but have way too many other projects going right now! Soon, soon, I say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the fact that the book is interactive. I wish I had created something like this when my kids were little. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this! I don't remember many of these quiet books being available when my kids were young. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I thought about making one for my little guy but I know this is going to take me some time.

    ReplyDelete