- 5 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup natural no sugar added applesauce
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free Baking Mix
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) no sugar added apple juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
The other major change was the original recipe said to put this in two 8" or 9" pans, however I am not sure if the batter consistency was different due to the gluten free flour, but I barely had enough to cover the bottom of one 8' pan. I just made it all in one pan and used a circle cookie cutter to cut out two circles and placed them on top of each other. My husband (who is not gluten free) even loved this! It would make a wonderful banana bread recipe as well.
- Mash the bananas in a medium bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, mix the baking mix, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg together.
- Add the mashed bananas, applesauce, and vanilla to the flour mixture. Mix just until incorporated.
- Spray one 8″round pans with non-stick cooking spray or coat with butter and flour.
- Spread the batter into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Cool the cakes, then use overturned smaller bowl to cut out small cake rounds.
- Soften the cream cheese.
- Whisk the cream cheese with the apple juice concentrate and vanilla extract until creamy.
- (Best if frosted freshly since there may be browning due to lack of preservatives.)