Friday, May 31, 2013

Friday Feature: Jewelry Embrace

Our featured shop this week is Jewelry Embrace.

Tell us about yourself.
I am a mother of four, one boy and three girls. I am originally from Michigan and now reside in Bowling Green, KY. I am newly married of 2 yrs, my second marriage. My kids are now getting older and wanted a hobby that I enjoy. I am a very creative person who enjoys jewelry making, painting and woodwork.
   
Tell us about your shop. What do you sell?
In my shop I sell hand crafted jewelry and paintings that I have done My favorite item to work with is raw gem stones. They each are so beautiful and unique. No two are the same.


When did you start creating? Why?
I started creating when I was young, probably about 8 or 9. Always loved making things out of about anything.

What goals do you have for your shop? Is is a hobby, major source of income, or somewhere in between?
The goals for my shop is to see it grow of course, but for share with others my insight and creativity. My shop is a hobby mostly, but wouldn't mind making a few dollars too. I have a full time job also and frequent flea markets and craft events when I can.

How do you balance your business with your family?
Balancing my business with my family is sometimes hard, because I love to create. Of course, I love my family to. Sometimes I have to do a self check and just put things down for a little while. My husband usually will tell me if he thinks I'm been at it to long and we need family time.

How do you keep everything organized? Do you have a workspace?
My work space is crazy at times, I do have a workspace but it gets pretty messy sometimes. I use my personal computer desk as my work space, so I'm right at my computer when I make a new creation.

Do you have any tips for other moms with a small/home business?
My tips for moms with small business is to keep plugging at it, but don't get so caught up you forget whats most important in your life: Family! You have to have balance.The most rewarding thing is knowing that other people share that creativity drive and appreciate my creations.

You can find Chantel at www.etsy.com/shop/JewelryEmbrace, or send her an email of thoughts and comments at jewemb2013@gmail.com.

Thanks!

If you are a mom with a "small" business (or know one) who would like to be featured, please let us know! We would love hearing about your experience! Also, if you would like to share any mom tips, recipes, crafts, DIY, etc., we would love to have you "guest post" on Mondays. Please email us for details!

mommyssmallbusiness@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment