Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday Feature: Gooba Gear

 This week we are visiting the shop of Jaime Walsh of Gooba Gear. (Don't you love the name?)

Tell us about yourself:
I'm a mommy to a wonderful little 3 year old girl nicknamed "Gooba" who has become the second love of my life along with my fabulous and supportive husband of 8 years. In addition to making items for my shop and helping my husband with his restaurant, I also teach elementary music full time.

Tell us about your shop. What do you sell?
I started making hair bows and skirts for my little girl and found that sewing was a wonderful way for my to reduce stress and be creative at the same time. I started making more items than she could wear, so I decided to open up a shop! I have since expanded to dresses and purses and everything else in between for little girls and their moms!

When did you start creating?

I have been creating and crafting as long as I can remember. I started crafting for my etsy store in the summer of 2012.

 

How do you balance your business with your family?
It's not easy! I do most of my crafting and sewing during naps on the weekend or after little Gooba goes to bed. Needless to say - that's not a whole lot of time, but I cherish every minute of it!

What has been the most difficult aspect of being a mommy with a small business?
Mostly the time factor. It is a difficult balance between taking time for myself and spending time with my little girl.

What has been the most rewarding?
The most rewarding aspect has been getting compliments on my items and watching my little girl show off my clothes to others. I love hearing her little voice say "My mommy made it!"

Tips:
My tip for other mommies is to have fun with your small business and not to lose sight of the importance of family.

Like what you saw? You can find Jaime and Gooba at the following sites:

Shop: www.GoobaGear.etsy.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/GoobaGear
Twitter: www.twitter.com/GoobaGear
Blog: www.thegoobadiaries.blogspot.com


 Thanks for joining us! Questions or comments can be left here or directed to our featured shop. Stay tuned for next weeks feature!

No comments:

Post a Comment