Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday Feature: Inspired By Mollie

 This week's Feature is Angela of Inspired By Mollie. 

Tell us about yourself.
I am a stay at home/ work at home mommy to my beautiful one year old daughter. We reside in Pittsburgh, PA. I recently graduated college with a bachelors degree in music (vocal performance).

Tell us about your shop. What do you sell?
My shop is a collection of things ranging from bows, to tutus, to crocheted baby items, all of which were inspired by my daughter- hence the name of my shop Inspired By Mollie.

When did you start creating? Why?
I have always been a creative person, from the time I was in daisy girl scouts doing different crafts and activities with my mother. I picked up crocheting in the fourth grade and immediately fell in love. It was so relaxing to me! I could sit and crochet for hours upon hours. In the eighth grade, I finished my first "real" project- a purple blanket with white seashell borders.

When I got pregnant and found out it was a girl, I was so excited! I wanted to buy her fun little girl things such as headbands, bows, pretty little blankets, and little shoes. They had the cutest things for little girls! Then I noticed the prices of things! That's when I realized I could use my creative side to make her the things I wanted to buy. It was cost efficient, gave me something to do while I was too big to do anything else, and she had unique items.

What goals do you have for your shop? Is it a hobby, major source of income, or somewhere in between?
I would really love to see my shop take off! It is not a major source of income yet, but I hope one day it will be. It is something I enjoy doing, and I always wanted to do something for a living that I enjoyed,

How do you balance your business with your family?
I have a really great support system. If I get overwhelmed with things, I have a wonderful mother who is right there to help me out. Also, naps and early bedtimes work miracles when you are busy!

What has been the most difficult aspect of being a mommy with a small business?
Finding time for myself!

What has been the most rewarding?
Seeing my creations come to life! Since I have a little girl, I get to make her things similar or the same as the items in my shop.

Do you have any tips for other moms with a small/home business?
Enjoy what you are doing! It makes things a lot easier and you do a better job when you enjoy your work!

Thanks for joining us this week! If you would like to see more, you can find Inspired by Mollie at the following sites:

Etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/InspiredByMollie
Instagram: Inspired_by_mollie
Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Inspired-By-Mollie/488468181205515?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment