Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday Feature: KnitCraftSew



Goodness, I don't know where time goes, but it sure seems to go quickly. It is Friday and once again time for our Featured Mom with a Small Business. This week we will meet up with Jennifer of KnitCraftSew.



Tell us about yourself.
I'm a 33 year old working mom who is a social worker by day and crafter for my etsy shop at night.

Tell us about your shop. What do you sell?
My shop is KnitCraftSew. A mod podge of knitting, crafting and sewing (and a little crochet) :) I mainly sell products intended for use as photo props, however, I do also sell some simple things such as key fobs and crayon roll ups.
 



When did you start creating? Why?
I learned to sew while I was pregnant with my son (6 years ago) because I wanted to make all kinds of things for the new baby. The love of creating fell to the wayside quickly though because he was into everything and I really didn't have the time I needed to create! However, in November of 2011, my little man had become more independent and I was able to launch KnitCraftSew.

What inspires you?
Lots of things inspire me. Color, Vintage pieces my grandmother has passed down, beautiful photography, my son and the list could go on and on. I think we can find inspiration in the littlest things if we look hard enough.
 
How do you balance your business with your family?
My family will always come first so I try to always meet those needs first. Crafting, creating, selling usually takes place in the late evening and early morning hours!

What has been the most difficult aspect of being a Mommy with a Small Business?

Balancing Work, Home Life and taking care of a child while making sure that I run a smooth and successful business. I always want to make sure that my customers are completely happy. I tend to second guess myself a lot.


 

What has been the most rewarding?
Seeing my work in gorgeous photography and knowing that I made it with my two hands!

Do you have any tips for other moms with a small/home business?
Take it day by day. You can't grow as big as you want over night. Pace yourself!
 
 

Great advice. Thanks for joining us, Jennifer! If you would like to learn more, you can find KnitCraftSew at the following sites:
 
Shop - Knitcraftsew.etsy.com
Facebook - www.facebook.com/pages/KnitCraftSew/268611433222737

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment